Embracing God's Supreme Agenda - Extracted and Placed - Monday, October 9th

Embracing God's Supreme Agenda - Extracted and Placed - Monday, October 9th

And the Israelites were sighing and groaning because of the bondage. They kept crying, and their cry because of slavery ascended to God. And God heard their sighing and groaning and earnestly remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the Israelites and took knowledge of them and concerned Himself about them. Exodus 2:23B-25

Then the whole community of Israel set out from Elim and journeyed into the wilderness of Sin, between Elim and Mount Sinai. They arrived there on the fifteenth day of the second month, one month after leaving the land of Egypt. There, too, the whole community of Israel complained about Moses and Aaron. “If only the Lord had killed us back in Egypt,” they moaned. “There we sat around pots filled with meat and ate all the bread we wanted. But you brought us into this wilderness to starve us all to death.” Exodus 16:1-3

Today's thoughts from today's verses:

Over 400 years earlier Jacob and his clan of about 70 people were the start of this vast community of Israel that complained against Moses, Aaron, and God in the wilderness. Initially, Egypt was God’s provision to preserve Israel from destruction by famine and then it became His means of building them into a great nation numerically. Finally, a king had arisen who did not remember Joseph. And so with all the benefits of that connection having become history and their size and power having made them an overwhelming threat, Israel became severely mistreated slaves in the land of Egypt. With great concern for the plight of His people, with great regard for His promises to them in the past, and with zealous intent for carrying out His purposes for them at this juncture in history, God set in motion a plan for extracting them from Egypt and placing them in the promised land of Canaan. God extracting Israel from Egypt has been accomplished but it seems Egypt has not been extracted from their minds and hearts. Thus, God placing His people in the promised land of Canaan becomes rather difficult because it requires a co-operation on their part that flows out of faith, surrender, and dependence. Instead, His people are a miserable, grumbling, complaining lot. Down through the ages God continues to be at work establishing for Himself a people who are distinctly His and it always involves extracting them from a path of living for themselves and placing them on a path of living for God. As His people today we often thwart what God is doing in our lives because, like Israel of old, we lose our focus when facing adversity. We fall into the trap of longing for that from which God has extracted us in the past, doubting God’s provision in the present, and forgetting about the glorious outcome He has in mind for us in the future. How often we choose the agenda we think will make for a good and successful life over the supreme agenda God has for us. This problem and the solution for it are the focus of this week’s Devotionals.

Today's prayer response from today's thoughts:

Lord, I see how I am so like Israel of old. I also know how quickly being able to see myself rightly slips away and makes it difficult for me to escape my living for myself and embrace my living for you. I really do want your supreme addenda for my life and not my own. Please make me into one who is distinctly yours by completely extracting me the path of living for myself and completely placing me on the path of living fully for you. Amen!

56 comments (Add your own)

1. Ellcife wrote:
Cialis Tabletas Precio Tab Viagra cialis Clobetasol 30g Eczema Website

Sun, June 10, 2018 @ 9:24 AM

2. Affophy wrote:
how does viagra work
buy cheap viagra online
buying viagra online canada
buy cheap viagra online

Tue, July 17, 2018 @ 3:55 AM

3. engagrar wrote:
buy generic cialis online sildenafil citrate buy
buy generic cialis online
cialis online canadian pharmacy
buy cialis online

Tue, July 17, 2018 @ 4:17 AM

4. paimisa wrote:
viagra for pulmonary hypertension
buy cheap viagra
viagra canadian pharmacy
buy viagra

Tue, July 17, 2018 @ 9:09 AM

5. Frulky wrote:
cheap generic cialis online
buy cialis online
cialis pills online drugs
buy cialis online

Tue, July 17, 2018 @ 9:32 AM

6. wrote:
I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.

I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 2:41 AM

7. wrote:
Hello to every one, since I am genuinely eager of reading this weblog's post to be updated on a regular basis.
It contains pleasant stuff.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 10:09 AM

8. wrote:
Good post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a
litte more on this topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Thank you!

Mon, October 22, 2018 @ 5:07 PM

9. wrote:
you're in point of fact a just right webmaster. The web site loading pace is amazing.
It sort of feels that you're doing any unique trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have done a wonderful task in this subject!

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 12:52 PM

10. wrote:
Hi, every time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the break of day, for the
reason that i enjoy to learn more and more.

Wed, October 24, 2018 @ 4:44 PM

11. wrote:
After looking at a few of the articles on your
blog, I really like your way of writing a blog.
I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon. Please
visit my web site as well and let me know how you feel.

Tue, October 30, 2018 @ 8:02 AM

12. wrote:
My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I might as well check
things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to checking out your web page yet
again.

Fri, November 2, 2018 @ 7:11 AM

13. wrote:
Descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar facebook
hi!,I really like your writing very a lot! percentage we keep in touch
extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to solve
my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to peer you.
descargar facebook http://twitter.com/descargar_hq descargar facebook

Sun, November 4, 2018 @ 7:32 PM

14. wrote:
Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and
you're just extremely great. I actually like what you have acquired here,
really like what you're stating and the way in which
you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
I can not wait to read much more from you. This
is actually a terrific web site.

Mon, March 18, 2019 @ 11:01 PM

15. wrote:
Wonderful website. Plenty of helpful info here. I am sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing
in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your sweat!

Mon, April 8, 2019 @ 7:17 PM

16. wrote:
Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site,
how can i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this
your broadcast offered bright clear idea

Mon, April 29, 2019 @ 7:33 AM

17. wrote:
It's actually very complex in this busy life to listen news
on Television, so I simply use internet for that purpose,
and obtain the most recent information.

Thu, May 9, 2019 @ 9:43 PM

18. wrote:
Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.
But think about if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could certainly be
one of the very best in its niche. Terrific blog!

Fri, May 10, 2019 @ 3:43 AM

19. wrote:
Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some
nice procedures and we are looking to trade techniques with others, why not shoot me an email
if interested.

Fri, May 10, 2019 @ 11:43 AM

20. wrote:
whoah this blog is excellent i like studying your articles.
Stay up the great work! You understand, a lot of persons are searching round for this info, you can aid them greatly.

Wed, May 15, 2019 @ 5:25 PM

21. wrote:
Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and
I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much.

I am hoping to provide one thing again and aid others such as
you helped me.

Wed, May 15, 2019 @ 7:55 PM

22. wrote:
We stumbled over here different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward
to going over your web page yet again.

Wed, May 15, 2019 @ 9:55 PM

23. wrote:
Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your website in web explorer,
may test this? IE still is the marketplace
leader and a huge section of other people will
miss your excellent writing because of this problem.

Thu, May 16, 2019 @ 10:41 AM

24. wrote:
Hi, everything is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's truly good, keep up writing.

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 6:24 AM

25. wrote:
Now I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 8:16 AM

26. wrote:
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 10:15 AM

27. wrote:
Wow! Finally I got a web site from where I be able to
really obtain helpful data regarding my study and knowledge.

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 11:52 AM

28. wrote:
This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am in fact impressed to
read everthing at one place.

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 11:00 PM

29. wrote:
hello there and thank you for your information –
I have definitely picked up anything new from
right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this web site,
since I experienced to reload the website many times previous to
I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if
your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your
quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content.

Make sure you update this again very soon.

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 6:39 AM

30. wrote:
Fine way of describing, and nice paragraph to take data about my presentation topic, which i am going to convey in college.

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 7:36 AM

31. wrote:
I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more
in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 12:17 PM

32. wrote:
Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

Thu, May 30, 2019 @ 2:36 AM

33. wrote:
What's up every one, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, thus it's nice to
read this website, and I used to pay a quick visit this blog daily.

Fri, June 14, 2019 @ 6:05 PM

34. wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely enjoyed every
bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things
you post…

Fri, July 12, 2019 @ 5:38 PM

35. wrote:
That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Simple but very precise information… Thank
you for sharing this one. A must read article!

Sat, August 3, 2019 @ 6:31 PM

36. wrote:
Hi there to all, because I am actually keen of reading this
web site's post to be updated daily. It carries good stuff.

Wed, August 7, 2019 @ 12:57 AM

37. wrote:
I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing
posted at this site is genuinely fastidious.

Wed, August 7, 2019 @ 5:05 PM

38. wrote:
Good way of explaining, and pleasant piece of writing to get facts concerning my presentation subject, which i am going to
deliver in school.

Fri, August 9, 2019 @ 2:32 AM

39. wrote:
My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right.

This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this
information! Thanks!

Fri, August 9, 2019 @ 12:16 PM

40. wrote:
Great website. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it
to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you on your effort!

Fri, September 13, 2019 @ 1:48 PM

41. wrote:
each time i used to read smaller articles or reviews
that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading now.

Sat, September 14, 2019 @ 11:07 AM

42. wrote:
Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the
favor”.I'm trying to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its
ok to use some of your ideas!!

Sun, September 15, 2019 @ 11:04 AM

43. wrote:
I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
I'm quite certain I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here!

Good luck for the next!

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 10:44 AM

44. wrote:
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.
It will always be useful to read through content from other writers and use a little something from other sites.

Thu, September 26, 2019 @ 12:00 PM

45. wrote:
It's really a cool and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this useful
information with us. Please keep us informed like this.
Thank you for sharing.

Fri, September 27, 2019 @ 4:55 PM

46. wrote:
Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while
you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
The account helped me a appropriate deal.

I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vibrant
transparent idea

Fri, September 27, 2019 @ 5:29 PM

47. wrote:
Unquestionably believe that which you said.

Your favorite reason seemed to be at the web the simplest thing to have in mind of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other folks think about issues that they just do not know about.

You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the
whole thing with no need side-effects , people could take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

Fri, September 27, 2019 @ 8:13 PM

48. wrote:
Your mode of describing the whole thing in this piece of writing is
in fact good, every one be able to without difficulty understand
it, Thanks a lot.

Thu, November 21, 2019 @ 12:50 PM

49. wrote:
Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading your articles.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with
the same topics? Thanks a ton!

Wed, December 4, 2019 @ 5:20 PM

50. wrote:
It's actually a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that
you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this.
Thanks for sharing.

Thu, December 5, 2019 @ 12:14 AM

51. wrote:
For most up-to-date news you have to pay a
visit internet and on the web I found this site as a
finest website for most recent updates.

Thu, December 5, 2019 @ 2:23 AM

52. wrote:
Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a
few months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to stop
hackers?

Wed, December 11, 2019 @ 12:44 PM

53. wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting
for your next post thank you once again.

Tue, December 17, 2019 @ 12:42 PM

54. wrote:
Link exchange is nothing else however it is only placing the other person's web site link on your
page at proper place and other person will also do same
for you.

Tue, January 7, 2020 @ 11:04 AM

55. wrote:
Schweden hat sich während der Pandemie für eine liberalere Strategie entschieden und die meisten Schulen,
Restaurants, Bars und Geschäfte geöffnet gelassen, da in weiten Teilen Europas strenge Sperren verhängt wurden.
Präsident Donald Trump hat erklärt, die Vereinigten Staaten würden keine Unternehmen mehr
schließen, da mehrere Bundesstaaten über steigende Zahlen neuer Coronavirus-Infektionen berichteten.

Mon, June 29, 2020 @ 6:18 AM

56. wrote:
химическое выпрямление волос цена

Кератиновое выравнивание нужно специально для пушащихся и кучерявых локонов, в часности с
непростым завитком. Ономожет добавить мерклым и покоробленным волосам сильный,
блестящий образ, сделать их
намного более эластичными.


Суть ухода содержится в насыщениилоконов жидким кератином, что образовывает
защитительный пласт, устраняющий
статическое электричество и также разглаживающий
кутикулу.

Wed, July 8, 2020 @ 4:14 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.