"It Isn't Costly" - An Inspirational Poem for Saturday, April 27th

"It Isn't Costly" - An Inspirational Poem for Saturday, April 27th

It Isn't Costly
By Edgar Guest

Does the grouch get richer quicker than the friendly sort of man?
Can the grumbler labor better than the cheerful fellow can?
Is the mean and churlish neighbor any cleverer than the one
Who shouts a glad "good morning," and then smiling passes on?

Just stop and think about it. Have you ever known or seen
A mean man who succeeded, just because he was so mean?
When you find a grouch with honors and with money in his pouch,
You can bet he didn't win them just because he was a grouch.

Oh, you'll not be any poorer if you smile along your way,
And your lot will not be harder for the kindly things you say.
Don't imagine you are wasting time for others that you spend:
You can rise to wealth and glory and still pause to be a friend.

13 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Thanks very interesting blog!

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 4:39 AM

2. wrote:
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post and
also the rest of the site is very good.

Thu, June 6, 2019 @ 11:10 PM

3. wrote:
Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with afterward you can write
if not it is complex to write. natalielise pof

Mon, July 22, 2019 @ 3:12 PM

4. wrote:
Hi there, its nice article on the topic of media print, we all know
media is a impressive source of facts.

Thu, August 1, 2019 @ 6:18 AM

5. wrote:
Hey very nice blog!

Sun, September 1, 2019 @ 11:48 AM

6. wrote:
magnificent points altogether, you simply won a new reader.
What might you suggest about your submit that you made a few days ago?
Any certain?

Sun, September 22, 2019 @ 11:47 PM

7. wrote:
Good post. I learn something totally new
and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It's always helpful to read through articles from
other writers and practice something from their websites.

Fri, October 11, 2019 @ 9:51 AM

8. wrote:
I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Mon, November 4, 2019 @ 10:09 AM

9. wrote:
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thank you for providing this info.

Thu, November 21, 2019 @ 5:10 AM

10. wrote:
I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of your blog?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with
it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Thu, December 12, 2019 @ 2:39 PM

11. wrote:
Hello everyone, it's my first go to see at this web site,
and post is in fact fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these content.

Sat, December 28, 2019 @ 1:16 AM

12. wrote:
When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added"
checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three
emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Thank you!

Mon, December 30, 2019 @ 3:12 AM

13. wrote:
These are truly wonderful ideas in about blogging. You have touched some fastidious things here.
Any way keep up wrinting.

Wed, January 1, 2020 @ 3:47 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.